Global Citizen Curtis Fellowship Applications are welcomed from reasonably qualified candidates for the Global Citizen Curtis Fellowship pointed toward fostering the expert and self-improvement of effective colleagues through an imaginative and connecting with educational program.
The Curtis Fellowship is a yearly initiative improvement program to help young people from underserved networks in South Africa who exemplify the upsides of worldwide citizenship.
Fellowship Sponsors: Global Citizen
Program Type: Leadership Development
Program Location: South Africa
Program Duration: 7 months
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: Not specified
Nationality: South Africans
Global Citizen Curtis Fellowship 2022 | Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the Curtis Fellowship 2022, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be aged between 18-21 years at the time of application.
- Must have limited travel experience.
- Family household income must be under R 120000.
- Those who come from previously disadvantaged backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Must demonstrate strong academic and leadership potential.
- Innovative and Engaging curriculum from April-October focused on personal and professional development.
- All expenses paid learning trip to New York City in late September exploring cultural institutions, meeting with industry leaders, and more.
- Speaker series with various industry leaders.
- Networking opportunities and internship opportunities.
- Access to a growing Alumni Network and many more opportunities.
- A monthly stipend to be included for a part-time commitment between April-October 2022.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Global Citizen Curtis Fellowship 2022 are to complete an online application on or before the application deadline.
Applicants must submit a 2-3 minute video or 500-700 word essay to [email protected] answering the following questions:
- What qualities do you identify with as an active citizen of the world?
- If selected, what lasting change would you like to achieve through the program?
- What specific socio-economic issues are you taking action on and why?
Applicants must also submit a recommendation letter from a teacher/professor, school administrator, community leader, or colleague.
Application Deadline: March 31st, 2022