Family of 24 die after eating ‘poisoned’ food in Sokoto state

0

Sokoto state

A family of 24 have all died in Sokoto state, after eating poisnous food.

This was confirmed by the State Commissioner for Health, Ali Inname, on Tuesday.

According to Inname, the incident happened on Monday in Danzanke village of Bargaja ward, Isa LGA of the state.

The 24 victims are believed to be members of an extended family living together in a compound.

ALSO READ  Man set Internet on fire after he shows off 1 bedroom house he built for himself (PHOTOS)

Inname explained that fertiliser popularly called ‘Gishirin Lalle’ in Hausa was used as food seasoning. He said the fertiliser was thought to be salt.

He told NAN: “Regrettably, the entire family who ate the meal lost their lives, except two female members, who merely tasted the food and are currently responding to treatment, with very good chances of survival.

ALSO READ  DOWNLOAD: Seyi Shay – Tuale ft. Ycee, Zlatan, Small Doctor

“Attempts to save the lives of all the affected people by providing the needed medical care proved abortive.”

The commissioner advised the public to keep away poisonous chemicals from easy reach.

Previous article‘You brought tears to my eyes’ Comedian Alibaba reacts to viral video of visually impaired girl singing ‘Duduke’
Next articleWAEC confirms official date for 2021 WASSCE
I studied civil engineering and i am a passionate blogger....