Africa Research Excellence Fund Fellowship Programme: Applications are invited from qualified and eligible African researchers to apply for the Africa Research Excellence Fund (AREF) Research Development Fellowship programme being instituted to support researchers in Africa who are working on important human health challenges in Africa.
The programme seeks to provide support to African researchers who are emerging leaders working on several health challenges to develop their skills as modern day researchers.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Africa Research Excellence Fund
Fellowship to be taken at: Africa and Europe
Fellowship level: Post-doctoral
Fellowship Worth: £40,000
Subject Eligibility: Courses related to Health
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The fellowship is for African researchers
Africa Research Excellence Fund Fellowship2021/22 | DETAILS
The fellowship programme is a three to nine-month placement offer at a foremost research institution in Africa or Europe. It will also provide the researchers additional support at their home organization before and after placement, up to a maximum of £40,000. Applicants are encouraged to key into the opportunity and apply before the application deadline.
To be considered for the Africa Research Excellence Fund Fellowship Programme, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be a national of a country in Sub-Saharan Africa who is resident in Africa at the time of applying.
- Applicants should obtain support from an African institution that meets the eligibility criteria for an employing institution and which attests that it intends to employ you locally.
- Applicants who are non-clinicians must possess a PhD qualification within the last six years or equivalent postgraduate degree from a recognized institution of higher education. If you do not currently have a PhD, you must provide evidence that a recognized examining institution expects you to have been examined for the degree of PhD/DPh by September, 2021.
- Applicants who are clinicians must be clinically-qualified applicants with a PhD/DPh/MD should have been awarded the doctorate from a recognized institution of higher learning. However, clinically-qualified applicants without a doctorate may apply. They must have been awarded a research-relevant Master’s degree and should also have at least two and not more than seven years of active research experience.
- Applicants must ensure that their Employing and Intended Host Organizations (the sponsors) understand the purposes of the AREF Fellowship, how AREF will pay the organizations and what their obligations are if they accept an award.
Application Procedures for the Africa Research Excellence Fund Fellowship 2021/22 Programme
How-to-Apply: Applicants are to complete the application form before the application deadline. Applicants are encouraged to go through the information for applicants before completing their application forms.
Applicants must ensure that their Employing and intended Host Organisations (the sponsors) understand the purposes of the AREF Fellowship, how AREF will pay the organisations and what their obligations are if they accept an award.
Applicants are to submit their application and supporting documents before the application deadline to Fellowships.AREF@aref-africa.org.uk
Application Deadline: 12:00 hours (GMT) on 23rd September, 2021